- Equinix to Expand into Mexico With US$175 Million Acquisition of Three Axtel Data Centers: Equinix has entered into an agreement with Axtel to acquire three data centers that serve the Mexico City and Monterrey metro areas of Mexico for US$175 million in an all-cash transaction. The three facilities generated approximately $21 million of revenues in the 12 months ending December 31, 2018, with an EBITDA margin profile accretive to the Equinix business. The addition of these three facilities in two strategic technology metros in Mexico is part of Equinix’s strategy of extending its global leadership into attractive large-growth markets. This acquisition, when combined with the previous acquisitions of key traffic hubs in Dallas (Infomart) and Miami (NAP of the Americas), will further strengthen Equinix’s global platform by increasing interconnection between North, Central and South America.
- Google Announces Nebraska Data Center: Google has announced that they will breaking ground on a $600 Million USD data center near 144th Street and Schram Road in Pappillon, Nebraska — a suburb near Omaha. “We hope that this center here rivals the data centers over in Iowa,” Nebraska Gov. Pete Ricketts said. “We also have a great economic climate from regulatory to our taxes and I think again the Omaha Public Power District has just been a tremendous partner in building the transmission lines, having the renewable energy rate,” Ricketts said. The data center is expected to employ 30 full-time staff members and will be run on 100 percent renewable energy.
- Huawei Announces Computing Strategy and Releases World’s Fastest AI Training Cluster: Huawei has announced its strategy for the computing market and released Atlas 900, the world’s fastest AI training cluster. A powerhouse of AI computing, Atlas 900 will help make AI more readily available for different fields of scientific research and business innovation. In the next five years, Huawei will invest another US$1.5 billion in its developer program. The aim is to expand the program to support five million developers and enable Huawei’s worldwide partners to develop the next generation of intelligent applications and solutions. Furthermore, Huawei won’t sell its processors directly. Instead, it will provide them to its customers in the form of cloud services, and to its partners in the form of components, prioritizing support for integrated solutions.
- Bullhorn Acquires Erecruit to Help Staffing Businesses Accelerate Their Digital Transformation Journey: Bullhorn, the cloud computing company that helps staffing and recruiting organizations transform their businesses, today announced that it has acquired Erecruit, a provider of applicant tracking and pay and bill solutions and a leader in candidate experience for the staffing and recruitment industry. Terms of the transaction will not be disclosed. Following the extremely successful June release of Bullhorn One – the first start-to-finish staffing solution – the acquisition of Erecruit is designed to help Bullhorn further enhance its vision of delivering a unified solution to firms looking to leverage the power of automation to streamline operations and drive business growth. The acquisition of Erecruit is a strategic investment in Bullhorn’s vision to help staffing companies realize the promise of digital transformation in their businesses
- Hut 8 is First Miner to Gain Listing on TSX: Canadian bitcoin miner Hut 8 Mining Corp. says it will be the first cryptocurrency-focused company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange thanks to an initiative launched by the exchange. The TSX Sandbox program, announced in April, allows for some exemptions to listing requirements so that more novel or exceptional companies may gain access to the exchange. Hut 8 chief executive Andrew Kiguel said the company will be the first through the program when it graduates from the TSX Venture and begins trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange on Oct. 8. The company operates data centres in Alberta that earn bitcoin by crunching complex equations. It’s through those equations that bitcoin transactions are verified and the system secured.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.