- Contegix Appoints Partha Teerdhala as Chief Technology Officer: Contegix, the leading Managed Service Provider for digital applications, today announced that it has named tech industry veteran Partha Teerdhala as its new chief technology officer. Teerdhala will be responsible for driving the technology and product direction for the company. He most recently served as vice president of cloud services at Century Link where he was responsible for a $450M product portfolio. With extensive experience across public, private, hybrid and multi-cloud platforms and application services, Teerdhala brings deep expertise in cloud-based managed applications to Contegix. Prior to Century Link, he held leadership roles at Verizon Cloud and Neustar in product and technology.
- Element Critical Announces Tysons Data Center Transformation and Open House: Element Critical, a leading provider of data center and IT infrastructure services driven by customer-centric solutions backed by engineering expertise, today announced completion of a major renovation and transformation of its 280,000 square foot Tysons Technology Center on its 14.5 acre campus near Tysons, Virginia. The renovation completely transformed the 200,000 square foot, carrier-neutral, Tier III data center. Inherent to the strategy, mechanical, electrical and power upgrades focused on affording flexible and scalable colocation solutions for a diverse customer set. Located just off the Washington DC beltway, the data center is equidistant from downtown Washington, DC and Ashburn, Virginia. It features 10 megawatts of critical power for enterprise customers that include some of the world’s largest hyperscale cloud and network providers, and government organizations.
- ePlus Achieves Elite Status by Obtaining Cisco Master Networking Certification: ePlus inc. has announced that it has achieved a rare and industry-leading Cisco Gold Master Networking Certification, placing it among an elite group of fewer than 30 partners globally who currently carry this distinction. The Cisco Master Networking Certification is a rigorous exam comprised of multiple components, including both technical and sales evaluations. The intention of the evaluation is to ensure the partner has the skills to engage customers in a strategic discussion to determine how Cisco solutions can solve their business problems and support those solutions during and after deployment.
- Aligned Energy Completes Phase One of Ashburn Data Center Campus: Aligned Energy, a leading data center provider offering innovative, sustainable and adaptable colocation and build-to-scale solutions for cloud, enterprise, and managed service providers, announces the completion of phase one of its hyperscale data center campus in Ashburn, Virginia. The initial 368,755 square-foot, 60 MW facility will be followed by a 409,000 square-foot, 120 MW development on the 26-acre campus. At full build, the planned Aligned Ashburn campus will offer over 1 MM square feet of space and 180 MW of total critical load in the heart of Loudoun County, Virginia — the nation’s most robust data center market. Ashburn continues to be the top choice for data center facilities due to its proximity to major population centers, affordable and reliable power, and favorable tax incentives. It is also home to the world’s densest fiber network.
- INAP Announces Multi-Year Expanded Bare Metal Environment for Multinational B2B Search Technology Company: Internap Corporation, leading-edge provider of high-performance data center and cloud solutions with global network connectivity, and a leading global search and discovery solution for websites and mobile apps, today announced an expansion of its bare metal environment. A customer as of 2018, the company continues to grow its footprint with INAP based on the service provider’s high-performance, scalable bare metal and network services, which will exclusively support the search and discovery firm’s premium service tier. The hosted solution will be expanded at INAP’s flagship data centers in the New York and Silicon Valley metros, and will be added to INAP’s Dallas and Montreal data centers already supporting the customer’s mission. INAP’s bare metal platform is a single-tenant hosting solution built on the latest enterprise-grade hardware. API enabled services provide for rapid configuration and customization, empowering customers to deploy their applications efficiently as they bring partners online.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
The post CAPRE’s Ashburn Insider for September 19, 2019: From Virginia’s Data Center Alley to the World appeared first on Website Hosting Review.