- Wayfair Chooses Google Cloud to Help Scale Its Business: Wayfair will use Google Cloud as the foundation for its new hybrid cloud strategy. Wayfair’s move to the cloud will help the $8 Billion USD global retailer scale its operations, while providing a richer experience for its 19 million active customers, 16,000 employees, and 11,000 suppliers. Wayfair debuted its hybrid cloud strategy earlier this year, partnering with Google Cloud to handle the burst capacity needed to successfully run Way Day—the company’s annual furniture and home decor sale that brings in thousands of new customers and involves millions of transactions. Wayfair now uses several different Google Cloud solutions—including compute, storage, and networking, data and analytics, and G Suite productivity tools—to enhance a shopping experience that delights customers from product discovery to final delivery.
- Cloudera Appoints Robert Bearden President and Chief Executive Officer: Cloudera has announced the appointment of Robert Bearden as President and Chief Executive Officer. Bearden is an experienced enterprise software executive. He was co-founder and CEO of Hortonworks, a publicly traded open-source company that merged with Cloudera in 2019. He also served as President and COO of SpringSource, a leading provider of open-source developer tools, until its acquisition by VMWare in 2009. Before joining SpringSource, Bearden served as Entrepreneur in Residence at Benchmark Capital. He also served as COO of JBoss, a leading open-source middleware company, until its acquisition by Red Hat in 2006.
- DMG Blockchain adds New Industrial Mining Client, Ceases Management of Texas Operation: DMG Blockchain Solutions Inc. has been engaged to host 1,000 new miners for a new client based in the U.S. Bitmain shipped the miners on behalf of the client to DMG’s Christina Lake facility in late December and DMG has now completed the installation and has the miners fully operational. This shipment from DMG’s new client will consume approximately 1.5 MW of power. As part of an exploratory agreement announced in October 2019, DMG has been managing Bitmain’s Texas facility and installed approximately 15,000 next generation miners. DMG and Bitmain have mutually terminated the existing management agreement as cost and operational efficiencies have not materialized as planned. DMG and Bitmain continue to explore opportunities for collaboration including DMG’s Christina Lake facility, and new sites that are of joint interest.
- Samsung Acquires Network Services Provider TeleWorld Solutions to Accelerate U.S. 5G Network Expansion: Samsung Electronics will acquire TeleWorld Solutions , a network services provider headquartered in Chantilly, VA. TWS provides network design, testing and optimization services to mobile service and cable operators, equipment OEMs and other companies across the U.S. With network builds associated with 5G and 4G LTE enhancements advancing in the U.S, the acquisition will address the need for end-to-end support in delivering network solutions. TWS, a privately owned company, will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. The service offerings and customers of TWS complement Samsung’s growth among networks infrastructure clients. With competencies in radio frequency (RF) and network design service—as well as installation, testing, and optimization services—TWS will continue to serve its existing customers and clients they currently support with Samsung. The TWS leadership team will continue to manage the business and, together with Samsung, address the network upgrade cycle occurring in the U.S.
- Inphi Completes Acquisition of eSilicon: Inphi has completed the acquisition of eSilicon, as announced on November 11, 2019, in a transaction valued at approximately $216 Million USD in both cash and the assumption of debt. Inphi believes this acquisition will further reinforce its premier positioning in data center interconnects, expand its presence into strategic geographic regions for talent acquisition and accelerate its strategic roadmap in developing electro-optics solutions for our Cloud and telecom customers.
The post CAPRE’s Digital Infrastructure Round Up for January 17, 2020 appeared first on CAPRE MEDIA | CAPRE EVENTS.
The post CAPRE’s Digital Infrastructure Round Up for January 17, 2020 appeared first on Website Hosting Review.