Parallels RAS 17 is an all-in-one solution that would empower end users to consume business applications faster, reliably, and with the ability to scale within a single cloud or multiple clouds. Improved management and deployment components provide new methods to control DaaS, VDI and Microsoft RDS, such as a new REST API and VDI/DaaS control panel.
“We packed intelligent and automated capabilities into Parallels RAS 17 that increase users’ productivity, quality experiences and satisfaction, while further improving management,” said Nick Dobrovolskiy, Parallels Senior Vice President of Engineering and Support. “Parallels RAS 17 provides increased security, performance and simplicity to businesses so they can seamlessly and cost-effectively manage and deliver virtual desktops and applications to any user or device across the globe. Employees with iPhone, iPad, and Android devices can even use familiar native touch gestures to easily work with virtual files and be truly productive from anywhere.”
New and key features in Parallels RAS 17 would include:
- Session Pre-Launch – Increase employee productivity and satisfaction by enabling Session Pre-Launch functionality to automatically save valuable time for the user and organization. No more waiting for applications to launch every workday. Parallels RAS 17 uses machine learning (ML) to map users’ computing habits, applications used and login time, enabling it to pre-launch everything so users can be immediately productive when they begin their workday. Another benefit would be automatic host pool workload management, preventing login storms during peak hours. Watch this demo video: https://youtu.be/qK-dKVNx_vA.
- Google Authenticator – Parallels RAS integrates with Google MFA Authenticator to provide an additional layer of security using a time-based one-time password. This enables organizations of any size to “easily secure” their access with ease and at no additional cost. Watch this demo video: https://youtu.be/twTMWGZSY40.
- Granular Permissions for Administrators – IT administrators can configure specific permissions to different administrators and delegate control of Parallels RAS objects, including RAS infrastructure components, Remote Desktop Session Host (RDSH), session management and much more. This would provide management flexibility while keeping security high. Watch this demo video: https://youtu.be/Pt8ud_bTnJE.
- Windows Server 2019 Support – Parallels RAS 17 supports Windows Server 2019, allowing Parallels RAS to leverage the advanced features of the latest version of Microsoft RDS and Hyper-V.
- Web-based Helpdesk Console – Parallels RAS Helpdesk Web Console gives administrators and delegated admins access to manage RDSH sessions, VDI and applications. Watch this demo video: https://youtu.be/_FMBGz5dPtY.
- REST API – Parallels RAS 17 introduces a new API for easier integration with scheduling and workflow applications, alongside the existing PowerShell API. This new approach enables larger enterprises, independent software vendors (ISVs) and SPs to quickly integrate Parallels RAS into their ecosystem.
- Improved VDI Security – Parallels RAS now prevents unwanted access to VDI by dynamically managing users’ remote access rights as required, by enabling remote access permissions during login and revoking permissions during logoff.
- Simplified VDI and RDSH Deployment – IT admins can “easily” manage, “rapidly” deploy and “quickly” scale out their end-user computing (EUC) environment thanks to the improved management capabilities of Parallels RAS for larger deployments (such as a dedicated VDI management control pane and group wide settings). Additionally, Parallels RAS now supports Scale Computing’s KVM-based hypervisor, HC3. Parallels RAS can leverage HC3’s rapid thin cloning to make VDI solutions “faster, more affordable and easier to use.” Watch this demo video: https://youtu.be/oia8AgGwHYk.
- Extended HTML5 White-Labeling Capabilities – Expanded white-labeling options for the Parallels RAS HTML5 Client enable SPs and enterprises to “easily” implement specific branding requirements for customers, such as color, logo, language and more. Watch this demo video: https://youtu.be/mInK93wzWOU.
- New Reporting and Monitoring Capabilities – New reports related to application usage and gateway sessions can be made available for managers, business owners and tenants to consume. In addition, administrators can now create and view their own custom reports, improving day-to-day administration and management efficiencies.
Parallels RAS is available online and from approved resellers, which can be found along with product details, resources, documentation, case studies and full-featured free trials at: https://www.parallels.com/products/ras/remote-application-server/
Read more at Latest Version Parallels Remote Application Server Enables Fast App Launch By Using AI on Website Hosting Review.
The post Latest Version Parallels Remote Application Server Enables Fast App Launch By Using AI appeared first on Website Hosting Review.