- Bigleaf Networks Raises $21 Million to fix Cloud and SaaS Connectivity: Bigleaf Networks, the Cloud-first SD-WAN that provides reliable connectivity between businesses and their cloud technologies, has closed a $21 million Series B funding led by Updata Partners with participation from the Oregon Venture Fund, SeaChange Fund, and other existing investors. This funding will help in accelerating product innovation for their SD-WAN platform and expanding their offering into new markets and channels. The funding follows a year of momentum for the Beaverton-based company. Since its last funding round in January 2018, Bigleaf has tripled their recurring revenue and their team. This growth comes as use of SaaS and Cloud technologies continues to increase across the hundreds of thousands of SMB and Mid-size Enterprise businesses—creating an increasing need for flawless connectivity over notoriously unreliable broadband ISPs.
- Semtech Announces Availability of New FiberEdge 56GB EML Driver for Hyperscale Data Center Applications: Semtech Corporation, a leading supplier of high performance analog and mixed-signal semiconductors and advanced algorithms, has announced the immediate availability of its new FiberEdge linear electro-absorption modulated lasers driver. The new driver is ideally suited for new PAM4-based Ethernet optical modules, including 100G-FR, 400G-DR4 and 400G-FR4. The FiberEdge linear EML driver (GN1862) is a bare die single-ended driver specifically designed to provide the performance to power ratio required by today’s hyperscale data center operators. The driver delivers two volts of single-ended swing while minimizing total harmonic distortion and group delay to increase module manufacturing yield, thereby driving down costs. As a bare die device, the new FiberEdge solution is ideal for both single channel (100G) and quad channel (400G) PAM4 applications.
- Cologix Secures $500 Million USD in Additional Growth Capital Investment from Abu Dhabi’s Mubadala: Cologix has announced that Mubadala Investment Company, an Abu Dhabi-based global investment firm, has signed an agreement to invest up to $500 Million USD in Cologix, subject to various regulatory approvals. Cologix is a leading provider of connected ecosystems that enable customers to power their digital transformations. The transaction will provide significant primary capital investment for Cologix to continue to meet demand for hyperscale edge, super-efficient, low cost data centers that provide access to latency consistent, robust interconnection hubs throughout the U.S. and Canada. Mubadala’s investment is in partnership with Stonepeak Infrastructure Partners, which will remain the majority shareholder in Cologix. The partnership will see the two investment companies collaborate to support Cologix’s ambitious growth strategy.
- Cloudera Begins New Cloud Era with CDP Launch: Cloudera has launched Cloudera Data Warehouse, a cloud-native service that makes it fast and easy to deploy, self-service, enterprise analytics for teams of business analysts on the new Cloudera Data Platform. Cloudera Data Warehouse allows for quick deployment and easy administration of cloud data warehousing, seamlessly moving on-premise workloads to the cloud with consistent security and governance. It ingests data anywhere, at massive scale, from structured, unstructured, and edge sources, radically simplifying the data warehousing life cycle for IT and data analytics leaders. Unlike previous cloud data warehouses, Cloudera Data Warehouse is offered with its foundation built on high-performance SQL engines that have been tested and proven in leading enterprises at unparalleled scale.
- Equinix Appoints Justin Dustzadeh as Chief Technology Officer: Equinix has announced the appointment of Justin Dustzadeh as Chief Technology Officer (CTO). In this role, Dustzadeh is responsible for developing a technology roadmap to support the company’s broader platform strategy, leading the next-generation technology and innovation function, and contributing to the company’s ongoing leadership in the cloud ecosystem. Dustzadeh joins Equinix from Uber, where he was the Head of Global Network & Software Platform. In this role, he led a team responsible for the architecture design, engineering and 24/7 operations of Uber’s global network infrastructure and software platforms enabling Uber’s business worldwide. Prior to Uber, Dustzadeh worked at Visa, where he spearheaded the transformation of Visa’s global infrastructure (one of the world’s most mission-critical environments) toward open, software-defined networking and cloud technologies—including SDN, NFV, network virtualization, containers and open/commodity hardware.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
The post CAPRE’s West Coast Wednesday: From Silicon Valley to the World, September 25, 2019 appeared first on CAPRE MEDIA | CAPRE EVENTS.
The post CAPRE’s West Coast Wednesday: From Silicon Valley to the World, September 25, 2019 appeared first on Website Hosting Review.