- Vantage Data Centers Secures US$692 Million in Additional Capital to Accelerate North American Expansion: Vantage Data Centers, a leading provider of wholesale data centers in support of business and mission-critical applications, announced today that in August the company raised $548 million in new securitized notes, inclusive of expanded Variable Funding Note undrawn capacity. The notes are rated “A-” by Standard & Poor’s. The notes in this issuance, Series 2019-1, generally rank pari-passu with Vantage’s Series 2018-1 and 2018-2 notes issued in 2018. In addition, the company raised $144 million in project-based construction debt financing from a consortium of banks. The proceeds of these funding sources will be used to refinance existing floating rate credit facilities, significantly reducing interest expense, and to fuel the development of data centers across North America.
- PacketFabric Secures $75M Joint Venture Funding With Digital Alpha: PacketFabric has announced a $75 Million USD joint venture investment from Digital Alpha Advisors to advance the company’s groundbreaking network offering. PacketFabric is the next generation network service provider. Pricing is transparent, services are provisioned through the portal in minutes, and the API provides extensible automation. PacketFabric is the ideal combination of carrier network and software as a service, offering a wide range of connectivity solutions between colocation, cloud, and to business partners. Already a leader in 100Gbps ethernet connectivity for enterprise clients in North America and Europe, PacketFabric will use the investment to further develop the technology and scale its availability rapidly across the U.S., as well as globally. The joint venture will serve as a catalyst for additional network architecture enhancements, creating groundbreaking customization and responsiveness features.
- Equinix and VMware Partner to Accelerate Enterprise Hybrid Cloud Transformations: Equinix has announced an expanded partnership with VMware to support VMware Cloud on Dell EMC on Platform Equinix. The digital transformation landscape has never been more complex. Enterprises must focus on ensuring the availability, performance, security and reliability of a massive set of applications while operating in a cost-effective and scalable manner. Equinix and VMware are teaming together to develop solutions to help enterprises accelerate hybrid cloud transformations based on VMware Cloud on Dell EMC within Equinix International Business Exchange data centers. VMware Cloud on Dell EMC combines public cloud simplicity, agility and economics with the security, control and performance of on-premises infrastructure. With the Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric interconnection service on Platform Equinix, enterprises can now take advantage of private and secure multicloud connectivity, and quickly deploy hybrid cloud infrastructures. By also tapping into the power of rich digital ecosystems located at Equinix, enterprises can further unlock value as they gain access to potentially thousands of new global partners they can interconnect with via ECX Fabric.
- Zetron Selects Clumio’s Backup As a Service: Clumio has announced Zetron as a new customer. With Clumio, Zetron achieves all the benefits of backup without the management burden – allowing the company to reduce cost and allocate staff and resources more effectively. Zetron is established as one of the most reliable and trusted brands for integrated command and control solutions and information services for public safety, transportation and healthcare markets. “Clumio meets our strategic directive to manage our mission-critical applications in a SaaS first-Cloud first manner. Our former backup solution required significant babysitting and management,” said Kevin Erwin, Director of IT, Zetron. “With Clumio, we no longer need an engineer dedicated only to backup, on-prem hardware or software troubleshooting. Day to day management is a breeze and setting up Clumio has been one of the most pleasant experiences in my 25 years in IT.” Clumio is a secure, backup as a service that consolidates the protection of an enterprise data center and any remote sites with no hardware or software to size, configure, manage – or even buy at all. As enterprises move aggressively to cloud, they can use Clumio to protect workloads like VMware Cloud on AWS and native AWS services.
- Mellanox Introduces Revolutionary ConnectX-6 Dx and BlueField-2 Secure Cloud SmartNICs and I/O Processing Unit Solutions: Mellanox Technologies, Ltd., a leading supplier of high-performance, end-to-end smart interconnect solutions for data center servers and storage systems, today introduced ConnectX-6 Dx and BlueField-2 – next-generation cloud SmartNICs and I/O Processing Unit (IPU) solutions, delivering unprecedented data center security, performance and efficiency at massive scale, for any workload. Continuing Mellanox’s innovation in high-performance cloud fabrics, ConnectX-6 Dx and BlueField-2 make the impossible possible by introducing cutting-edge hardware acceleration engines and best-in-class software programmability to mission-critical applications. They deliver new levels of security and efficiency with the highest return on investment (ROI) for hyperscale, enterprise, and telco environments. ConnectX-6 Dx SmartNICs provide up to two ports of 25, 50 or 100Gb/s, or a single port of 200Gb/s, Ethernet connectivity powered by 50Gb/s PAM4 SerDes technology and PCIe 4.0 host connectivity. The ConnectX-6 Dx innovative hardware offload engines include IPsec and TLS inline data-in-motion crypto, advanced network virtualization, RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE), and NVMe over Fabrics (NVMe-oF) storage accelerations.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
The post CAPRE’s West Coast Wednesday: From Silicon Valley to the World, August 28 2019 appeared first on CAPRE MEDIA | CAPRE EVENTS.
The post CAPRE’s West Coast Wednesday: From Silicon Valley to the World, August 28 2019 appeared first on Website Hosting Review.