- CyrusOne Breaks Ground on Largest Colocation Data Center in Dublin, Ireland: CyrusOn has celebrated breaking ground for its first data center campus in Dublin, Ireland. Located in Grange Castle Business Park South, the first phase of the advanced facility will be ready for occupation in Q4 2020. When complete the site will have a total power of 74MW and is already responding to customer requests for space. The Dublin I campus will comprise three separate two-story buildings, offering 360,000 square feet of world-class data center space in one of Europe’s most coveted data center locations. The site is the largest colocation data center currently under construction in Ireland. The facility will be among the first CyrusOne data centers in Europe to deploy closed loop chilled-water cooling.
- Equinix Extends Global Reach of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure: Equinix has extended the global reach of Oracle Cloud Infrastructure to help enterprises across five continents easily and privately connect to Oracle Cloud on Platform Equinix. Recent global market expansions in São Paulo, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto and Zurich now provide customers in these metros with private and highly secure connectivity to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect via Equinix Cloud Exchange Fabric. Oracle customers using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure in the Phoenix data center region can also now directly connect to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure FastConnect from Equinix International Business Exchange data centers in Los Angeles via ECX Fabric. This rapid global expansion is in response to strong demand from enterprises to digitally transform their global businesses by migrating Oracle workloads to Oracle Cloud.
- TierPoint Selects Dell EMC VxRail to Launch New Hosted Private Cloud: TierPoint, a leading provider of secure, connected data center and cloud solutions at the edge of the internet, today announced the broad availability of its newest service, Hosted Private Cloud powered by the Dell EMC VxRail platform. Managed by TierPoint’s team of cloud experts, the new, VxRail-powered service is VMware Cloud Verified and available in 40 TierPoint data centers, all of which are HIPAA, PCI-DSS, GLBA, and SSAE 18 compliant; offers robust service-level agreements (SLAs); and supports a wide range of cloud deployment models and diverse customer requirements, including production and/or recovery clouds, as part of an end-to-end solution. Jointly engineered by VMware and Dell EMC, VxRail tightly integrates VMware’s software-defined data center technology with Dell EMC PowerEdge servers, allowing VxRail to be seamlessly plugged-in to a VMware environment and integrated with the full suite of VMware capabilities and management tools.
- Cyxtera Federal Group Receives GSA IT Schedule 70 Contract: Cyxtera Technologies has announced that its subsidiary, Cyxtera Federal Group (CFG), received the U.S General Services Administration’s (GSA) IT Schedule 70 contract IT 70 GS-35F-0511T. In addition to availability on SEWP V, NETCENTS-2 and ITES-SW, inclusion on GSA IT Schedule 70 gives local, state, and federal governments easy access to an array of Cyxtera solutions that enable enhanced cybersecurity, cloud-first initiatives, digital transformation, and improved investigative analytics. These solutions can be purchased via GSA Advantage or directly from Cyxtera Federal Group. GSA IT Schedule 70 is one of the largest, most widely used IT procurement vehicles across the federal government.
- Host in Ireland Releases Irish Data Centre Market Report Update for Q2 2019: Host in Ireland, an award-winning strategic global initiative created to increase awareness of the benefits of hosting digital assets in Ireland as well as Irish companies that are designing, building, and operating data centres globally, has released their Irish Data Centre Market Report Update for Q2 2019, signalling positive news in the Irish data centre industry. “€1bn in new data centres is currently under construction with a further €3.5bn with planning permission expected to be completed by 2025. There are now a total of 34 new data centres in the pipeline, 8 of which are in construction. There are 53 currently active,” reads the foreword by Garry Connolly. “Specifically, on top of the additional capital investment from data centre providers, a recent report from the Irish Academy of Engineers highlighted Ireland will require a€9bn investment in renewable energy sources by 2027.”
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
The post CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for September 20, 2019 appeared first on CAPRE MEDIA | CAPRE EVENTS.
The post CAPRE’s Data Center Round Up for September 20, 2019 appeared first on Website Hosting Review.