Example Ad #1 (only visible for logged-in visitors)
Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for October 8, 2019:
- GARBE Industrial Real Estate and NDC Data Centers Establish Joint Venture: Munich’s GARBE Industrial Real Estate GmbH and Hamburg’s NDC Data Centers GmbH have joined their competencies in a joint venture to develop sustainable data centers for the European market. The joint venture offers a replicable solution which seamlessly bundles all processes from site sourcing to fast delivery. The concept is established as the “factory for data centers” serving hyperscalers, wholesalers and colocation companies, as well as large corporate owners of data centers.“With the joint venture, we consistently follow our diversification strategy, thereby creating an effective and financially sound vehicle with distinct data center and real estate competencies,” explains Christopher GARBE, CEO and shareholder of GARBE Industrial Real Estate. Garbe anticipates great development potential based on the patented and verified technology concept, which reduces construction time, energy as well as resource consumption.
- Kingston Technology Ships 13.3 Million SSDs in 1H 2019: Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., a world leader in memory products and technology solutions, today announced it shipped over 13.3 million SSDs in the first half of 2019, according to data compiled by market research firm TrendFocus. The astounding amount places Kingston as the third-largest supplier of SSDs in the world behind semiconductor manufacturers Samsung and Western Digital, showing its strength and position in the market place as the world’s leading third-party SSD maker. Kingston’s total accounted for a whopping 11.3 percent of the total number of SSDs shipped globally during the first half of the year among all manufacturers.
- Fusion Announces Leadership Transition: Fusion a leading provider of cloud services, today announced that the company’s Board of Directors has appointed Kevin Brand, most recently Fusion’s Senior Vice President – Customer Experience, as interim Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Brand succeeds Matthew Rosen, who has resigned as Chief Executive Officer. Mr. Rosen will continue to serve as Chairman of the company’s Board of Directors until Fusion has emerged from its chapter 11 process to ensure a smooth transition. Fusion’s board will undertake a search to identify the company’s next CEO. Additionally, the Board has promoted Mr. Brand to the position of President and Chief Operating Officer of Fusion, succeeding Russell P. Markman who has resigned as President and COO. Both Mr. Rosen and Mr. Markman will serve as advisors to Fusion’s executive management team during a transition period after the company’s emergence from chapter 11.
- Seaborn and EdgeUno Partner to Deliver Managed Cloud Services: Seaborn Networks, an independent developer, owner, and operator of submarine fiber optic cable systems, and Latin American managed cloud services and data center company EdgeUno have announced an expansion of their partnership with the launch of Latin American managed cloud and datacenter services. The move comes amid Seaborn’s targeted expansion into the Latin American market. Seaborn launched IP and SD-WAN networks in Brazil in the past few months and, in partnership with EdgeUno as its managed cloud service provider, the two companies have deployed unique virtualized cloud infrastructure technology to provide clients with both physical and virtual infrastructure as a service – not just in Brazil, but throughout the region.
- Upland Software Acquires Altify: Upland Software, Inc., leader in cloud-based enterprise work management software, has acquired Altify, the leading customer revenue optimization (CRO) cloud solution for sales and the extended revenue teams. Altify will be a core platform of Upland’s Sales Optimization solution suite, the market’s first to combine opportunity and account management, sales process automation, customer reference management, and RFP and sales proposal automation, all supported by a robust content operations platform to ensure consistent messaging for high impact revenue teams. The acquisition adds approximately $24 million in annualized revenues and will be immediately accretive to Upland’s Adjusted EBITDA per share.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
Example Ad #2 (only visible for logged-in visitors)