These are the fastest growing and largest domain name registrars for .com domains.
ICANN has published the latest official data from Verisign (NASDAQ: VRSN) about the .com namespace. This registrar-by-registrar report covers July 2021.
When GoDaddy reported its second-quarter earnings in early August, it warned that bookings might slow in the second half of the year. If you use new .com registrations as a proxy for its overall business, it’s now clear what it was seeing. New .com registrations dipped to about 850k in June and dipped to 800k in July. By the time the company reported Q3 earnings, it said things weren’t as bad as expected. I think we’ll see its .com numbers rebound in the next report.
Here’s how registrars did in terms of new .com registrations in July:
1. GoDaddy.com* (NYSE: GDDY) 800,025 (849,403 in June)
2. Namecheap Inc. 281,678 (274,622)
3. Alibaba (HiChina) 251,367 (231,579)
4. CentralNic 196,900
5. Newfold Digital+ 169,899 (170,333)
6. Google Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOGL) 150,950 (147,625)
7. Dynadot 146,099 (137,592)
8. Tucows** (NASDAQ:TCX) 141,155 (144,844)
9. TurnCommerce++ 107,324 (106,905)
10. NameSilo 96,498 (120,091)
Here’s the leaderboard of the top registrars in terms of total .com registrations under management as of the end of July.
1. GoDaddy* 56,392,325 (56,408,172 in June)
2. Newfold Digital+ 14,323,837 (14,448,421)
3. Tucows** 12,674,762 (12,791,539)
4. Namecheap 7,931,446 (7,850,961)
5. Alibaba 6,473,878 (6,401,500)
6. IONOS^ 5,911,071 (5,916,540)
7. TurnCommerce++ 5,076,114 (4,979,182)
8. Google 4,666,584 (4,603,301)
9. CentralNic^^ 3,598,295 (3,406,068)
10. NameSilo 2,378,593 (2,334,531)
Many domain companies have multiple accreditations and I’ve tried to capture the largest ones. See the notes below.
* Includes GoDaddy, Wild West Domains, Uniregistry, GoDaddy Corporate Domains and 123 Reg
** Includes Tucows, Enom, Ascio and EPAG
+ Includes PDR, Domain.com, FastDomain, Bigrock, Network Solutions, Register.com, SnapNames registrars, and Crazy Domains/Dreamscape. There are other Newfold registrars, but these are the biggest.
++ Includes NameBright and DropCatch registrars
^ Includes 1&1, PSI, Cronon, United-Domains, Arsys and world4you
^^ Includes Key-Systems, 1API, Internet.bs, TLD Registrar Solutions, RegistryGate, Moniker, Instra
© DomainNameWire.com 2021. This is copyrighted content. Domain Name Wire full-text RSS feeds are made available for personal use only, and may not be published on any site without permission. If you see this message on a website, contact editor (at) domainnamewire.com. Latest domain news at DNW.com: Domain Name Wire.