Example Ad #1 (only visible for logged-in visitors)
Check out the latest in deals, development and disruptive technology in the data center industry for November 5, 2019:
- Aligned Energy Breaks Ground on Second Salt Lake Metro Data Center: Aligned Energy has announced the expansion of its Salt Lake Metro data center campus, breaking ground on a second facility in West Jordan, UT. The expansion is driven by the addition of a new anchor customer as well as demand for adaptable, scalable data center infrastructure in the Western technology hub. Building on Aligned’s existing 34 megawatts, 300,000 square foot West Jordan data center, the adjacent new 240,000 square foot facility will add 48 megawatts of capacity. At full build, the master-planned Aligned SLC campus will offer 780,000 square feet of space and 130 megawatts of capacity in the Silicon Slopes.
- Cologix Adds 2.5 Megawatts To Downtown Montréal Data Center: Cologix has announced the expansion of one of its data centers in downtown Montréal at 1155 Robert-Bourassa Boulevard. Known as MTL7, this expansion increases the total capacity at this facility to 3.1 megawatts within 26.000 square feet. In Montréal, Cologix offers 10 data centers and direct on-ramps to such cloud services as Amazon Web Services Direct Connect, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure ExpressRoute, IBM Cloud and Oracle FastConnect. In Montréal, Cologix offers access to more than 100 networks with low latency connectivity via high-count, diverse, scalable fiber and direct access to Montreal at Cologix’s MTL3 facility, located at 1250 Rene-Levesque West and 875 St-Antoine at the two Montréal carrier hotels.
- Volterra Launches Distributed Cloud Platform for Deploying, Connecting and Securing Applications: Volterra, an innovator in distributed cloud services, today announced the launch of a comprehensive SaaS-based platform that enables organizations to centrally deploy and manage applications distributed across multiple clouds and edge locations. This launch follows two years of stealth operations, when Volterra secured $50 Million USD in funding. Investors include top-tier venture capital firms Khosla Ventures, Mayfield and M12 (Microsoft’s venture fund) as well as a growing set of strategic investors/partners including Itochu Technology Ventures and Samsung NEXT. Volterra’s launch comes in a period of rapid expansion for the company, during which it has grown to employ more than 100 engineers and serve over 30 customers.
- Veeam Unveils New Backup Solutions for Microsoft Cloud Platforms: Veeam Software, the leader in backup solutions that deliver Cloud Data Management, today announced the public beta release of the NEW Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v4 at Microsoft Ignite 2019 in Orlando, FL. Additionally, the company will be offering Microsoft Ignite attendees a sneak peek of a NEW cloud-native data protection solution for Microsoft Azure workloads, Veeam Backup for Microsoft Azure. These new solutions support the company’s cloud strategy and provide Microsoft users with additional data protection, scalability, and enhanced control of their cloud-based data.
- Cyxtera Named A Strong Performer in Zero Trust eXtended Ecosystem Platform Providers Report by Independent Research Firm: Cyxtera Technologies, the secure infrastructure company, today announced that Forrester Research, a leading global research and advisory firm, has named Cyxtera as a Strong Performer in its report “The Forrester Wave: Zero Trust eXtended (ZTX) Ecosystem Platform Providers, Q4 2019.” In the report, Forrester states: “If your organization wants to better secure the data center and big infrastructure for the cloud, Cyxtera is a go-to vendor,” earlier stating, “[Cyxtera] demonstrates a sound understanding of cloud infrastructure. This understanding, combined with leadership and service offerings that are strategically focused on big cloud and providing security provision for major federal agencies, speaks to the veracity of Cyxtera’s approach in this space.” Cyxtera received the highest possible scores in the network security, workload security, ZTX advocacy and market approach criteria.
E-mail me your stories, industry news tips, and press releases.
Example Ad #2 (only visible for logged-in visitors)