Ribbon’s Market-Leading Solution Will Help Future-Proof Totah’s Network, Enabling New Revenue Streams and Enhanced Residential and Business Communications Offerings
Ribbon Communications Inc., a global provider of real-time communications software and packet and optical transport solutions to service providers, enterprises, and critical infrastructure sectors, announced that Totah Communications, a leading Independent Operating Company (IOC) and provider of residential and broadband communications services in Northeastern Oklahoma and Southeastern Kansas, has deployed Ribbon’s Neptune 1300 Packet Transport solution to help future-proof its network. Ribbon’s Neptune 1300 delivers Totah significantly more bandwidth and provides broadband speeds of 200 Gigabit (200G) per second.
“We had outgrown our old network and were severely constrained by traffic bottlenecks and the inability to introduce new high-value services,” said Mark Gailey, President and General Manager, Totah Communications. “Ribbon’s Neptune Packet Optical Transport solution not only provides us with the ability to future-proof our network with needed bandwidth to deliver next-generation services and faster broadband speeds, but it also allows us to reclaim precious fiber and actively pursue new small to medium sized business customers and backhaul services.”
Recommended AI News: SimplyBank Selects KlariVis to Lead Its Data Analytics Initiative
Gailey continued, “We considered several vendors for this upgrade but after evaluating Ribbon’s capabilities, experience and competitive pricing, they were the clear choice.”
“We are delighted that we could help our longtime customer, Totah, dramatically expand their network capacity and improve their communications offerings with our Packet Optical Transport solution,” said Elizabeth Page, U.S. Rural Market Director for Ribbon. “It is great that forward-looking IOC customers like Totah can realize an immediate return on investment by offering increased internet speeds on Day 1 and increased Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) that Ribbon’s Neptune 1300 offers.”
The Neptune 1300 provides a cost-optimized elastic, multiservice, platform capable of meeting all of a service provider’s packet transport needs across the metro network, from access to core. The solution delivers transparent low-latency transport, enabling service providers to easily provision new services.
Recommended AI News: Protiviti Acquires Identropy, a Leading Identity Access Management Firm
Ribbon is delivering the project with turnkey deployment services provided by its professional services organization. The Totah deployment also includes alarm maintenance. Ribbon is providing full staging capability for the entire network including engineering and configuration from its state-of-the-art facility in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. The staging includes full participation by Totah’s Engineering team.
- Leading Independent Operating Company, Totah Communications has deployed Ribbon’s Neptune 1300 Packet Optical Transport solution to help future-proof its communications network.
- The Neptune 1300 solution delivers Totah 20 times more bandwidth than offered by its current configuration and will allow for increased broadband speeds for years to come.
- The Neptune 1300 Extension Shelf provides Totah several benefits including allowing the company to reclaim precious fiber that was being used to deliver services in its legacy network; the ability to offer next-generation communications services; the ability to pursue new SMB customers and increase ARPU.
- Totah selected Ribbon’s solution because of its best-in-class technology; the company’s experience in delivering solutions to service providers and enterprises all over the world; Neptune’s competitive pricing; and the great relationship the two organizations have enjoyed.
- This is another example of how Ribbon is leveraging its recent merger with ECI Telecom to deliver complementary communications solutions to its customers.
Recommended AI News: Axcient Launches x360Recover Virtual Office