Phunware, Inc., a fully-integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides products, solutions, data, and services for brands worldwide, announced the launch of its Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS) Customer Data Platform (CDP).
The global CDP market is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 34% to more than $10.3 billion by 2025. This worldwide market is being fueled and accelerated by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic as businesses from retailers to healthcare providers are increasingly relying on software, machine learning and artificial intelligence to more effectively market, sell and communicate to their customers on a one-to-one basis, at scale. The recent $3.2 billion acquisition of Segment by Twilio underscores the immense value that these platforms have as brands continue to leverage data-enriched media for crucial competitive advantages.
Recommended AI News: eTeacher Group Strengthens Partnership With Nuvei With Launch of Langaroo.com
Phunware’s MaaS CDP is cloud-based and includes software and proprietary algorithms that aggregate and organize customer data across a variety of touchpoints in real-time in order to create persistent, unified customer databases. These databases benefit from more than 16 billion unique Phunware IDs created to date and facilitate unique data segment generation that are easily accessible and consumable within core enterprise engagement packages including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Marketing Automation (MA) systems.
“Our MaaS Customer Data Platform was designed to ensure that our customers can deliver the right content to the right screen at the right time in the right place in a mobile-first world,” said Luan Dang, CTO, and Co-Founder. “The depth and breadth of our data was built over a decade of mobile operations and includes more than a petabyte of information unique to tens of billions of discrete events across billions of devices and thousands of mobile applications that have touched our platform globally.”
The four main types of customer data that Phunware’s MaaS CDP collects and organizes are identity data, descriptive data, quantitative data, and qualitative data. The proprietary features and components of Phunware’s MaaS CDP that populate the Company’s growing database of Phunware IDs include, but are not limited to:
- Phunware MaaS CDP – A proven customer data platform that is capable of processing billions of transactions per day and 300,000 to 500,000 transactions per second for producing ready-to-use, mobile-centric datasets for analytics and data science by cleaning, enriching, and organizing the underlying big data into industry-standard formats for use with leading data platforms and data science tools.
- Phunware Audiences – A self-service system within the platform that enables marketers to build scalable, granular mobile audiences that can be delivered to programmatic advertising platforms for activation.
- Phunware Knowledge Graph – A proprietary data graph that accelerates business value realization for artificial intelligence projects by using the power of connected data insights and outcomes. The Phunware Knowledge Graph integrates diverse data into a mobile domain ontology and is capable of deriving deep insights and new knowledge from highly-connected, large-scale data. Unlike distributed storage and compute platforms that store big data as-is, Phunware’s Knowledge Graph connects and normalizes data into structures that are superior for high-performance information retrieval and derivation.
- Data Integration Tools – Populate the Phunware Knowledge Graph with real-time data updates via a streaming microservice, as well as periodic updates using bulk loader utilities.
- Visualization Tools – Visually explore and query connected data to derive insights from patterns, clusters, and connections using native graph and third-party visualization tools.
- Machine Learning – Derive deep and new insights using clustering, classification, centrality, and pathfinding or custom algorithms to execute within the graph or on cloud-based machine learning platforms.
- Flexible Deployment – Phunware Knowledge Graph instances provide customers with the flexibility to deploy the graph on-premises or on leading cloud-based platforms.
- Application Programming Interface (API) – Easily accessible programmatically with the Phunware Knowledge Graph API, custom queries and popular programming languages to derive insights, generate mobile audiences, and enable intelligent experiences. The Phunware Knowledge Graph API also simplifies knowledge extraction using RESTful programmatic methods, including polygon and radial location queries and asynchronous file exports.
- Phunware Ontology – The taxonomy that comprises formal naming and definition of entities and the relations between the entities within Phunware’s Knowledge Graph. Phunware’s self-descriptive, extensible ontology is based on open and connected W3C standards (RDF / OWL) that simplify the interpretation of entities, properties, and relationships between diverse data with the use of popular vocabularies such as schema, FOAF, and SKOS to simplify data integration and interpretation.
- Phunware Privacy – The guiding legal and regulatory principles, requirements, and obligations that govern all data interactions and events across consumers, businesses, governments, and the Company.
- Phunware is General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliant.
- Phunware also complies with the European Union / United States Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union to the United States.