Lantronix’s software platform and hardware solutions help increase operational efficiency and decrease costs
Lantronix, a global provider of Software as a Service (SaaS), engineering services and intelligent hardware for the Internet of Things (IoT) and Remote Environment Management (REM), announced that its ConsoleFlow cloud/on-premises management software platform together with its SGX 5150 IoT Device Gateway provide secure and flexible medical device communication for hospital and healthcare environments. Delivering operational efficiency, this solution also helps lower operational costs.
“Together, Lantronix’s ConsoleFlow and SGX 5150 IoT Device Gateway provide hospitals with a flexible, secure and resilient solution for medical device connectivity,” said Paul Pickle,
Since communication technology used at hospitals varies greatly, Lantronix’s products meet the need for a flexible, secure and compliant solution that resolves complex challenges, including gaps in Wi-Fi coverage as well as secure outbound Internet connection limitations. By providing encrypted and reliable medical device communication, hospitals have the assurance that critical patient data is private and protected.
Challenge: Enable Flexible, Secure Remote Connectivity
Hospitals face several challenges in providing flexible, secure and robust connectivity for medical devices, resulting in medical device information being improperly transmitted, stored or shared.
To improve patient care and transmission of critical device operational data, such as COVID-19 treatment, hospitals need a connectivity solution to overcome network infrastructure connection challenges and comply with network infrastructure security requirements.
Some of the connectivity challenges facing hospitals are:
- Finding a single source for a total hardware, cloud and on-premises device management solution
- Unifying and connecting varying device and network infrastructure technologies and unique configuration requirements
- Overcoming Wi-Fi connectivity issues, such as coverage gaps
- Dealing with outbound Internet connection limitations and security issues
- Meeting security and governance requirements, which can be unique for each hospital
- Providing secure remote device management capabilities to keep devices up to date with the ability to quickly address any issues that may arise with alerts and notifications
Solution: Lantronix SGX 5150 IoT Device Gateway and ConsoleFlow software
Lantronix SGX 5150 IoT Gateway provides the hardware needed to connect medical devices and operational data securely to hospital networks, delivering highly resilient communications with the latest in secure Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity. Its multi-interface access provides medical device manufacturers the flexibility to connect multiple device types using the SGX gateway. Its built-in device security features include secure boot, secure firmware, data-at-rest protection and role-based access control.
ConsoleFlow cloud and on-premises deployment options provide centralized device management for the SGX 5150 gateways, improving operational efficiency. The combination of ConsoleFlow and the SGX gateway provided:
- Zero-touch remote updates for firmware and configuration
- Remote provisioning for hundreds of gateways
- Remote access to gateways for troubleshooting and remediation
- Uninterrupted operation during firmware and configuration queued updates
Results: Lantronix Delivers Flexible, Secure and Reliable Connectivity
Together, Lantronix ConsoleFlow networking and management solutions and SGX 5150 gateway give hospitals an integrated hardware and cloud/on-premises solution for medical device connectivity. Lantronix’s software and hardware solutions are integrated to help improve patient care, facilitate the secure capture and sharing of patient data and accelerate operational efficiency.
- Meets hospitals’ needs for secure and reliable medical device communications
- Enables analysis of critical gateway connectivity telemetry data
- Lowers operation costs by eliminating or reducing on-site visits
- Increases operational efficiency with remote analysis, updates and troubleshooting
- Resolves connectivity issues, including Wi-Fi coverage gaps and outbound Internet connectivity issues
Recommended AI News: Surgent Partners With AME Learning To Offer Suite Of Introductory Accounting Courses